On July 1st, 2018 California’s Nursing Hours Per Patient Day (NHPPD) was increase from 3.2 per day to 3.5 with a minimum CNA hours of 2.4 per day.
In a partnership with the International Health Group (IHG), we created the “Work Opportunity Scholarship” which provides students the ability to obtain their CNA license at no cost in exchange for a 12 month work commitment at one of our 14 San Diego Facilities.
WHEN & WHERE:
Currently we have students successfully completing the Twenty-Two Day and Eight Week courses at both IHG locations (San Diego and San Marcos). We are also in the process of growing our IHG Partnership to include a Program in the Momentum Market (Sea Cliffand Southland). Students come from a variety of sources:Internal Staff (Housekeepers, Laundry, etc.), Employee Referrals, Current Student Referrals, Flyers from around the Community, Graduating High School Students, Refugees.
- Every Friday, prospected participants are interviewed by Cherie Busse, Senior HR Resource and Damian Christiansen, Retention Resource.
- Upon acceptance for sponsorship, if the candidate has prior experience, they are sent directly to school to enroll in class.
- If candidate has no prior experience, candidate is scheduled for 2 hours of “job shadowing” at facility. Follow up with candidate and facility DSD for feedback and final decision.
- Upon successful completion of the course, students are then assigned to a facility (based on need and location) at the pre-determined hourly rate until the 12 month work commitment is fulfilled.
- Receiving facility is invoiced for the discounted tuition upon candidate being on-boarded.
View poster: CNA Work Opportunity (PDF format)
Cherie Busse, Senior HR Resource – Damian Christiansen, Recruiting & Retention Resource